Leadership Qualities - the Identifying Qualities of efficient DirectionLeadership Qualities - the Explaining Qualities of efficient Leadership
What are these qualities?
Let me lay it out certainly.
3. Selfless and self sacrificing
6. Great communicators (they communicate the agenda effectively and clearly)
7. Honest and unprejudiced
Effective leaders . . .
8. Maximize the capacity of their people by empowering them
9. Surround themselves with folks smarter than they're
10. Do not Internal communications strategy really care who takes the credit
11. Acknowledge they are infallible and admit errors when they make them
12. Have a burning desire to make a difference . . . a favorable difference
This list is by no means exhaustive. The truth is, I can go on and on.
What are these four uncompromising qualities of effective direction?
2. Admit mistakes when you make them. Take corrective activities, move on, and learn from people
3. Maximize the capacity of your people and
4. Be selfless. Serve your organization as well as your people. Abhor personal gain.
The desire for private gain will ultimately lead you to the path of failure and will colour your judgment.
To exemplify, consider what happened recently in the company where I work.
As I write this, I work for a global drink company with roots in the UK. I am in one of the offices in West Africa. My institution's hot chocolate established beverage drink has about 50% share of the nation 's entire hot chocolate based beverage market. Clearly, it was a big business.
Some two years back, my company's CEO as well as the finance manager were fired. Why?
Over statement of firm accounts.
The business wasn't doing nicely. Instead of telling his managers thus, the CEO . . . with the cooperation of the finance director . . . Controlled with the accounts to make the business look good and thus, retain his position as CEO. This scenario went on for about three successive years before external auditors contracted by the parent company in the Uk detected the fraud.
And investors have been told they must not anticipate dividends for the following two years.
The CEO was a young talented chap who had been CEO of the business for more than 10 years.
So, what went wrong? What took him down?
1. The desire for greater recognition greater visibility, and private gain.
2. Arrogance. He called this . . . Endeavor marathon).
When the market wasn't growing as quickly as creation was growing, he refused to slow down generation. The factories kept on creating at breakneck speed on getting more warehouses to store what was created that could not be accommodated by the market, and also the firm kept)
3. Directors who stood by and watched while the life investment of investors went down the drain
Make no mistake about it.
No matter how good you now are, regardless of how sensible you might be, no matter how many awards you have won, you are going to fail finally if you are not a selfless leader.
Recall all the leadership qualities discussed previously. But whatever you do, remember the four most important leadership qualities.
You will be a great leader. Effective leadership is within your reach. It starts by understanding leadership qualities you need essential for effective direction.
these attributes could be learned. This really is your big chance.